Damashigami (堕魔死神) is a rogue reaper who contributes to the illegal afterlife business, Damashigami Company, by tricking people who are not supposed to die yet into entering the Wheel of Reincarnation, to fill their quotas and increase the amount of money they can earn.
They tend to wear costumes (including of animals) and use wind-up dolls, so they can deceive unwitting victims.
- Sabato Rokudō (CEO president)
- Bijin (Secretary)
- Renge Shima (Prodigy)
- Grim Reapers
- Cat-Eared Damashigami
- Pumpkin Damashigami (Subdued)
- Bear Doctor Damashigami (Subdued)
- Wind-Up Nurse (Subdued)
- Pencil Salesman (Subdued)
- Damashigami can also be translated as the "fallen death god" in English. It is also a pun meaning "trolling death god" which is exhibited by the actions of the Damashigami business members. In the episode where Sakura first encounters the term Damashigami, Sakura is shown confused by its term, but then is later corrected by Tamako, showing the proper written kanji on the screen.
- In order to trick living beings, a Damashigami ought to be visible to them. It is not specified how they do so, and Shinigamis do so by wearing a special item on their head. It might be suggested that the president somehow grants them the ability to become visible at will.